The School Day
Our School Day -
At St Austin's, pupils should attend school for a typical 32.5 hours as follows:
- Gates open at 8.30am for children to wait on the playground (Nursery to year 4 children must be accompanied by an adult whilst waiting for the doors to open).
- Doors open at 8.40am- children should enter and make their way to class. A member of staff will be on the door to assist with this where needed.
- Gates close at 8.45am - all children must report to the office if arriving after this time.
- Lessons begin at 8.50am prompt - the register will be taken at this time - children should be settled and ready to learn.
- End of the School day is 3.20pm - please allow time for your child to be dismissed.
Nursery - 11.50am - 12.20pm
Reception - 12.00pm - 1.05pm
KS1 - 12.10pm - 1.05pm
KS2 - 12.30pm - 1.20pm
Our break times are now staggered to ease congestion in corridors and in the dinner hall at lunch time.
It is vital that the children are in school, ready to learn and on time for their first lesson of the day, which is usually a Maths or English lesson. So, we would ask all parents and carers to ensure that the children are in school on time to assist the teachers and support staff in beginning lessons promptly.
Please be aware that registers now close at 9.10am. children arriving between 8.50-9.10 will be marked in as late, children arriving after 9.10 will receive a U mark which means the child is classed as having unauthorised absence.